A cordial greeting

Coventry, United Kingdom
It's all about Christian Bale.

Access Control Panel

Sunday 16 March 2008

Smart Fridge

OK! so maybe I got just a little bit upset the first time, the burns have healed and I've forgiven my fridge.

Aesthetically it looks almost identical to white goods of the past although the display panel on the front and inch thick user Manuel quickly remind me how different this is going to be. But hey, if it can make shopping fun or at least easier, I'm all for learning something new.

I thought I'd run through some of the features of the wireless fridge to help cement them in my memory, it might even be useful to all of you who are considering getting one. Gone are the days where you simply bought your shopping and crammed it into the fridge only to rustle through the mess at 3am because you cant sleep and need to snack.

One of the main features you have with this fridge is that when you've bought all of your shopping you have the option to swipe a card at the checkout tills which will then store data on all of your refrigeration goods that you've purchased, once you've loaded your fridge back home simply scan the card via a device on the control panel and it then creates a database of the items you've just bought, registering that they are now inside the fridge, easy!

There are 4 features on the control panel that I really like, one allows you to check the sell by date on all of your items and it'll even tell you how many days they have left before they spoil.

Another function is a repair button, if the fridge stops functioning properly this feature will go through some basic diagnostics with you to help solve the problem, if that fails to get it working it will allow you to book someone to come out and repair the fridge!

A feature that I think will be extremely useful is the ability to download my fridges content list onto my LIFEphone. It will also show me items that I've run out of or items that are past their sell by date so I know exactly what I've run out of should I wish to purchase them again. This is all done by smart sensors placed inside the casing of the fridge which recognises when an item has been taken out of it via the identification tag installed on its packaging.

And finally there is a feature which advises me on products similar to those found in my purchase history, so rather than simplifying shopping to the point where I find myself buying the same stuff week in week out, pressing this button will give me some information on products I've not tried yet but those that are from the same brand I buy or similar types of foods. I like the fact that it creates more possibilities for me as well as making things more convenient.

Although I think consumers need to be very careful as to who will be in charge of regulating this particular feature.

....There are plenty more features, the fridge has the ability to assess its contents and produce recipe options for me. It'll even preheat my oven or prepare other appliances should they be required to make the meal.

No comments: